Things to say NO to!
Do I have your attention? There really are some things that you should say no to if you want to be productive and happy! Danny Forest wrote an article called 41 Things You Should Say "No" To and I pulled a few of my favorites.
1. Mediocrity - don't accept commonplace, go for extraordinary! You are almost always better than you think you are! Recently I was having a conversation with one of my daughters and paid her a compliment related to her continuing education. Her response was golden. She said, "Mom, I just want to be the best".
2. Reading things you don't like! "Life is too short to read a bad book". - James Joyce. I am an avid reader and this is one idea that I have adopted lately. There was a time when I would just keep reading hoping a book would get better.
3. Listening to complaints about others. "Who gossips to you, will gossip about you".
4. Distractions - when it is time to be productive, shut down any distractions. Put your phone on vibrate, close your door, and focus. You can't get big tasks completed dealing with small distractions.
5. Always comparing yourself to others. Teddy Roosevelt said, "Comparison is the thief of joy". Notice the things that you are good at!
If you want to read the full article click here.
Meet da' Boss would like to welcome Living Loved Center, a counseling and mentoring practice founded by Meredith Simmerman, Licensed Professional Counselor.
The Center specializes in working with adolescents. Anger management, addiction, self-esteem issues and developing healthy relationships are just a few of the topics that can be addressed.
For more information contact Meredith Simmerman at 251-415-6220 or email at email@example.com.
This Week in Mobile and surrounding areas...
Monday, June 24th - Summer Wine Soiree: The NEW in New Zealand at Domke Market
Tuesday, June 25th - Movie Night at the Fort - Free to the Public in Spanish Fort
Tuesday, June 25th - Business Breakfast Club Open House 5-7PM, Domke Market
Tuesday, June 25th - Jazz Night at Seville Quarter featuring Gino Rosaria, The Pianist
Wednesday, June 26th - Brandon Styles Magic Show, OWA
Thursday, June 27th - KC & The Sunshine Band, Saenger Theatre, Mobile.
Friday, June 28th - Business Networking at Clean Eatz, 11:30AM
Friday, June 28th - Rick Springfield in Concert, IP Casino
Have a wonderful week! Stay hydrated in this heatwave we are experiencing!
If you happen to experience air conditioning problems, Brandon Day at Daycool Heating & Air Conditioning is ready to help! We had a guest visiting on Sunday whose AC was acting up and he got right on the job. Thank you!